Monday, August 31, 2015

HOW TO: Cut down slip on exhaust

So those of us with old bikes with long ass cans know they are out of date.

So I took 20 minutes, got out the saw zal and cut 12cm off my pipe (the front) and now I think it looks MUCH better. I got to clean off the glue from where the name plate was glued and rivited on... I had to move it back a little.


This mod is applicable to any motorcycle exhaust can pretty much. CBR, GSXR, ZX, R1, R6, etc

-Matt Behning
Stillwater, MN


 Before
 After
I don't have any during pics because it's a pretty easy mod: drill out the rivits on the bottom of the can and the label... remove the label and the bottom metal part from the can... measure how much you want to cut off... wrap tape all the way around the can for a cutting reference... and cut it off... re-drill 1/8 holes through the can to rivit the label back 1/8" rivits and the bottom metal part back on the can and you're done.

-Matt Behning

No comments:

Post a Comment